Terms and Conditions
- Terms of service
Please read the terms of service (the “Terms of Service”) set forth below, as they apply to your access and use of our services, including our Website (www.getsip.sg), App (iOS and Android), APIs, email notifications, applications buttons, widgets, goods and services provided by our Merchants (“Cafes”) through us, and any other services that we may provide (the “Services”), and any information, text, graphics, photos or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The access and usage of the Services by an individual, entity, corporation or end user (collectively, or individually “Your”, “You”, “User”) signifies an acceptance of these Terms of Service and agreement to be bound by them and all other applicable terms referenced herein absolutely.
- Other applicable terms
- Information about us
The Services are provided and operated by GET SIP PTE LTD (collectively, or individually “We”, “Us”, “Sip”). We are a limited liability company registered in Singapore with Unique Entity Number 201632527G and have our registered office at 3 Shenton Way, #15-06, Singapore 068805.
- Changes of terms
We may amend the Terms of Service from time to time at our sole discretion without notice or liability to you. By continuing to use the Services following such amendments to the Terms of Service, you agree to be bound by such amendments.
- Changes to our services
- The Services that we provide are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that we provide may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time and without prior notice to you.
- We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that our Services or any content on our site is accurate, complete, up-to-date or free from errors or omissions.
- Your licence to use the services
GET SIP PTE LTD gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive licence to use the software that is provided to you by us as part of the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by GET SIP PTE LTD, in the manner permitted by these Terms of Service.
- Our Intellectual property rights
- All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of the Services belong to GET SIP PTE LTD or have been lawfully licensed to GET SIP PTE LTD for use in connection with the Services. All rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved. You are not allowed to upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of the website and app itself or create derivative works with respect thereto, as the website and app is copyrighted under applicable laws.
- You agree that we are free to use, disclose, adopt and modify all and any ideas, concepts, knowhow, proposals, suggestions, comments and other communications and information provided by you to us (the “Feedback”) in connection with the Services and/or your use of the Services without any payment to you. You hereby waive and agree to waive all and any rights and claims for any consideration, fees, royalties, charges and/or other payments in relation to your use, disclosure, adoption and/or modification of any or all of your Feedback.
- Accessing our services
- We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure.
- We do not guarantee that our Services, or any content, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Services is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Services.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Services through your internet connection are aware of these Terms of Service and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- Under no circumstances shall GET SIP PTE LTD be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from the use or the Services, from any content posted or through the Services, or from the conduct of any users of the Services, whether online or offline.
- Your account and password
- You may register to use the Service by verified email address or by connecting through Facebook or Google+.
- By registering through a Facebook or Google+ account, you represent and warrant that such account is yours and you have all rights to provide us with the information in such account per the terms and conditions of those services.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. GET SIP PTE LTD cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
- You may not create more than one account per individual, and you may not access any other accounts other than your own.
- We may terminate your use of the Service without notice if others use your account inappropriately by others, or if you or anyone using your account violates these Terms.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. You are fully and solely responsible for the security of your computer system, mobile device and all activity on your account, even if you were not aware of or did not authorize such activities
- We will not be liable for any losses or damage arising from unauthorized use of the Service, and you agree to indemnify and hold Sip harmless for any improper or illegal use of the Service, and any charges and taxes incurred, unless you have notified us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org that your account has been compromised.
- We have the right to disable any password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms of Service.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- Termination of Account
- You agree that GET SIP PTE LTD may for any reason, in its sole discretion and without notice, terminate your account, and remove from the Services any content associated with your account.
- Grounds for such termination may include (i) extended periods of inactivity, (ii) violation of the letter or spirit of these Terms, (iii) unreasonable use of the Plan (as defined below), (iv) fraudulent, harassing or abusive behavior, or (v) behavior that is harmful to other users, third parties, or the business interests of GET SIP PTE LTD.
- If GET SIP PTE LTD believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of these Terms or any illegal or inappropriate use has occurred, we may take any other corrective action we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms or illegal or inappropriate use of the Services.
- You may request termination of your Sip account at any time and for any reason by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any suspension, termination, or cancellation shall not affect your obligations to GET SIP PTE LTD and its licenses under these Terms (including but not limited to ownership, indemnification, and limitation of liability), which by their sense and context are intended to survive such suspension, termination, or cancellation.
- Purchasing and Plans
- The Services can be used at all participating Cafes.
- Some Cafes may allow top-up for drinks that are not listed on Sip at their own discretion. GET SIP PTE LTD is not responsible or liable in any way for such transactions.
- We reserve the right to add or remove participating Cafes at any time in our sole discretion. We will however use reasonable efforts to publicize such changes using appropriate channels.
- We function as a payment platform, offering our users the ability to pay for their coffee at participating locations, through the Website and App, with a payment method of their choice.
- As per the guidelines from our payment processor, we will automatically renew your subscription every thirty (30) days if you signed up between the 1st - 28th of the month.
- If you signed up either on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, you will be billed on the last day of each month subsequently.
- Your payment method will be charged for a new plan at the full regular price from the time of purchase, if there no promotions or discount codes were used.
- If the price has changed since your last renewal, we will notify you and disable your auto renewal, unless you request otherwise.
- In case of failure of the monthly charge to your payment method, we will continue to attempt to charge your account. In the case of multiple failures, we reserve the right to suspend your account until the issue is resolved.
- We offer three types of plans (“Plans”):
- We offer Single Cup token(s). Single Cup tokens are a one-time purchase and has to be used within thirty (30) days from activation. Multiple Single Cup tokens can be purchased at the checkout page.
- Unredeemed cups cannot be rolled over to the following month and will be forfeited if not used by the current cycle.
- We reserve the right to determine and change the definition of fair and reasonable usage in our sole discretion. It is your responsibility to remain updated as to the status of your Plan and/or orders. You may do so by checking the Website and App or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- If you are unable to use your Plan, due to the loss of the device, a defect in the Website which prevents utilizing the Plan, in cases of physical absence (such as a trip abroad) or in cases of ill health, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will determine in its sole discretion whether or not a Plan suspension or a refund is appropriate under the circumstances.
- We do not provide refunds for unused portions of a Plan, unless such lack of use was the fault of GET SIP PTE LTD. We may choose to accept refunds requests and to process refunds in specific cases. A SGD$5 minimum fee will be deducted from the refund amount, to cover for clearing cost and handling.
- If we terminate your Plan and/or Account due to termination of the Service, we will provide you with thirty (30) days notice and will allow you to use your Plan for a period of thirty (30) days from the date notice of termination is delivered [or the period remaining on the Plan, whichever is shorter. You may terminate a Plan by providing us with two (2) business days’ written notice prior to the end of the Plan.
- Charges for use of the Services are handled by our payment processor, Braintree.
- We or our payment processor may add or change payment methods from time to time without notice.
- Please note that third-party payment processors are not controlled by or affiliated with us, and you will be subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the relevant Services.
- Cancellation of any Plans may be subject to fees. We also reserve the right to cancel any transaction that we have reason to believe to have been fraudulently made, including by unauthorized use of a credit card, debit card, or other payment method.
- App Stores: Apple & Google Play
The following terms apply if you purchased or downloaded a copy of the App through the Apple App Store. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims related to the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and (iv) claims that the App infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty. Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- The App enables you to make payments on compatible mobile devices. Devices modified contrary to the manufacturer’s software or hardware guidelines, including but not limited to those with disabled hardware or software controls (sometimes referred to as “jail broken”) are not compatible devices.
- You acknowledge that the use of a modified device to use the App is expressly prohibited, constitutes a violation of this User Agreement, and is grounds for termination of your account.
- We do not warrant that the GetSip App will be compatible with your mobile device or third party carrier.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you download the correct application for your device. We are not responsible or obliged to support any devices that do not meet these standards.
- Your use of the GetSip App may be subject to the terms of your agreements with your mobile device manufacturer and your carrier. It is your responsibility to comply with such agreements.
- Limited liability and warranty
Please read this section carefully since it limits the liability of GET SIP PTE LTD and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the “Entities of GET SIP PTE LTD”). Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties or the limitation of liability in contracts, and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Nothing in this section excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited. All Information is for your general reference only. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information
- YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”. THE SERVICES ARE FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND THE ENTITIES OF GET SIP PTE LTD MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES ON MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF THE ENTITIES OF GET SIP PTE LTD ENTITIES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE, IS RE-PERFORMANCE OF DEFECTIVE SERVICES. IN JURISDICTIONS WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF LIABILITY, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE DO NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY MATERIAL, PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH US OR OUR SERVICES. WE ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE ENTITIES OF GET SIP PTE LTD EXCEED ONE HUNDRED SINGAPORE DOLLARS (SGD 100).
- The Entities of GET SIP PTE LTD shall not guarantee or assume any responsibility that:
- the information presented in our Services is accurate, adequate, secure, useful, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference;
- the information presented in our Services is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment;
- messages sent through the internet including in connection with the services will be free from interception, corruption, error, delay or loss;
- access to the Services will be available or be uninterrupted;
- use of the Services will achieve any particular result; or
- defects in the Services will be corrected.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in no event will the Entities of GET SIP PTE LTD be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential loss or damages, including any loss of business, profit, goodwill or reputation arising out of any use, or inability to use, the information or the services, even if any of the Entities of GET SIP PTE LTD has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
- We disclaim all liabilities, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other users (including unauthorized users) or of any persons working or representing the Cafes, whether such acts or omissions occur during the use or the Services or otherwise.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us, shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms. If you choose to rely on such information, you do so solely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. Accordingly, some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- You will exercise and rely solely on your own skill and judgment in your use and interpretation of the information and use of the services. You are responsible to ensure that your use of the information and the Services complies with all applicable legal requirements.
- We cannot and do not take any responsibility or liability in respect of the quality of any of the drinks and/or other products provided in any Cafes and/or by any third parties. We cannot and does not take any responsibility or liability in respect of actions, errors or omissions of any Cafes and/or by any third parties.
- Our content and Cafes information is made available to users for information purposes only. While we make our best efforts to keep our Cafes information up-to-date, we cannot make any guarantees of its completion or accuracy. We still welcome feedback from users about the content on our Website.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, if your use of the Services does not proceed satisfactorily and/or where applicable you do not receive appropriate responses to such use from us, as set out in these Terms of Service or otherwise, you are advised to contact us at email@example.com. No such lack of response shall be deemed to constitute any acquiescence or waiver.
- The limitation of liability contained in these Terms of Service will apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
- Content copyright policy
- GET SIP PTE LTD respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorised to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, we will also terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our address for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of the services
- We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation), to suspend or terminate users, and to reclaim usernames without liability to you. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of GET SIP PTE LTD its users and the public.
- We do not guarantee that our Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services: (i) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, GET SIP PTE LTD's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of GET SIP PTE LTD's providers; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by us (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), (scraping the Services without our prior consent is expressly prohibited); (iv) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or (v) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
- We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Services will cease immediately.
- Linking to us
You may link to our Services provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Services in any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Third party links and resources in our site
- The links from the Services may take you to other sites or services and you acknowledge and agree that GET SIP PTE LTD has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of any Information provided by third parties services and websites.
- The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by GET SIP PTE LTD on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for us granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that GET SIP PTE LTD and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
- Links to other websites and services do not constitute an endorsement by us of such websites or services, or the Information, products, advertising or other materials available made available by such third parties.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all liabilities, damages, claims, actions, costs and expenses (including without limitation legal fees), in connection with or arising from your breach of any of these Terms of Service and/or your use of the website. We may, if necessary, participate in the defence of any claim or action and any negotiations for settlement. No settlement which may adversely affect our rights or obligations shall be made without our prior written approval. We reserve the right, at our own expense and on notice to you, to assume exclusive defence and control of any claim or action.
The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms of Service under the law of any jurisdiction shall not affect its legality, validity or enforceability under the laws of any other jurisdiction nor the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- Several users
If there are two or more persons adhering to these Terms of Service as user, their liability under the Terms of Service is joint and several, and their rights are joint.
No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms of Service shall be governed by Singapore law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
This agreement is drafted in the English language. If this agreement is translated into any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
Last updated: 2 Jan 2018